Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Review: Doodletopia: Cartoons by Christopher Hart

Title: Doodletopia: Cartoons
Author: Christopher Hart
Format: Paperback
Source: Blogging for Books

I am a doodler. And I love cartoons.  And while I may be an expert at drawing random things in the margins of my notebooks, to-do lists, and whatever is handy, I am not so great at drawing cartoons or anything that even comes close the pictures in this book. I know my limitations.  But I saw this book and hoped that I’d learn some tips for improving my doodles.

Doodletopia: Cartoons aims to inspire your creativity with activities and tips to improve your doodling and skills at drawing cartoons. With prompts and instructions on how to draw different characters, scenes, and other things, the book is fun and informative.  There is even a section on doodling cartoon letters.  

And what I love is that there are also blank figures, spaces, and forms for you to let your imagination and creativity fly by completing the doodle or adding your own. You can use the tips the author give and create your own raccoon cartoon or draw a high-flying cheerleader.  

There are so many ways to have fun and use this book.  I do wish that the author had used a lighter shade of blue (or even another lighter color) on the fill-in/create-your-own prompts because the blue is hard to cover up with some colors, but other than that I have no complaints and look forward to doodling my heart out.

My Rating: 4 ½ stars

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment