Thursday, January 23, 2020

2020: The Year Jennifer Attempts Reading Challenges...#Pondathon

This year I’ve decided to get myself out of a reading rut and be more active in the reading community. One of those ways is to participate in various reading challenges. Over the next few days, I will share these challenges with you. Some will overlap...in fact, most will, but all will be fun...I hope. Wish me luck and join me if you wish! I’ll need all the encouragement I can get!

Up first... Pondathon!

Pondathon: The Quiet Pond's story-driven readathon. Image: Two swords with vines wrapped around it frame the words 'Pondathon', with three little forest sprites sitting on top. One forest sprite has a leaf on its head, the middle has twigs for horns, and the right has a mushroom on its head.

What is the Pondathon?

The Pondathon is a co-operative and story-driven readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of the Pondathon is to read books and collect points to protect the friends over at The Quiet Pond from the encroaching malevolent forces that threaten our friends in the forest. Have fun participating in the Pondathon readathon by joining one of five teams, each with a unique way to collect points and signing up! You can also follow the story of the Pondathon as it unfolds, and participants can also complete 'side quests' during the readathon to collect extra points. The readathon takes place from January 24th 2020 to March 7th 2020. More information about the readathon can be found here.

Information about Joining the Pondathon
  1. To join the Pondathon, simply sign up anytime between January 18th 2020 to March 5th 2020.
  2. Choose a team, create your own animal character for the Pondathon and create a character card!
  3. Create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with '#Pondathon' in the title or your tweet. Share the character you have created and your character card!
  4. Link back to this post so that others can find this readathon and join in.
Share your updates on your blog/bookstagram/booktube and social media. You are more than welcome to tag @thequietpond or @artfromafriend on Twitter or Instagram in all your updates! We'd love to see all of the beautiful and awesome characters that you create!

My Pond Character


My Pond Character is called Kally, and she's the Reader of ALL of the Books! Kally is a cuddly (and a bit nerdy) Koala who is much more of a lover than a fighter, but she is determined to help protect her new friends and the forest as she’s seen the devastation that comes when malevolent forces attack. She is a member of Team Varian, and has been tasked with reading books to help research ways to help. She hopes to learn how others have battled evil forces or faced challenges in their lives in various worlds and time periods and perhaps that will lead her friends to victory. If that doesn’t work she has her trusty bow and arrows (as long as she doesn’t shoot herself in the foot...again). Kally doesn’t want to fight, but she’ll do anything to help her friends and the forest.

My Team

My (Tentative) Pondathon TBR

[I am only sharing a few books (in no particular order) that I possibly plan to read as I am a mood reader. One of the rules for Team Varian is that we don’t read the same genre twice in a row so you’ll see quite a variety!]


So, wish me luck!
And if this sounds like something you’d like, join us!
Oh, and I’m always open to book suggestions as I’ll be exploring many different genres this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment